I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 94

It was a pretty stressful day.  I saw "the kid" for the first time in the office.  He was not happy to see me at all.  My geometry kids are taking a test tomorrow and I hate review days.  I also found out the mother of a girl who hangs out in my room at snack passed away on Monday.  Then there was the sound of an auto accident every 15 minutes to signify the fact that someone had just been killed by a drunk driver.  Needless to say I really needed to go to the gym this afternoon.

I rowed the slowest 8000m ever.  I was ok with it though because I had done some other stuff first...50 reps of 10 different things like box jumps and kettlebell swings and burpees.

I told my 3rd period TA that I was adopting a more moderate approach to eating on Monday so today he walks in and offers me a chocolate covered almond.  I look at it and another kid with him is telling him, "She doesn't want that."  But I said, "Yeah, I'm good now."  So I ate the one and then he offered me another.  I accepted.  I think (and know) I need to "mess up" everyday on my eating.  But today I almost went overboard because I went down to the cupcake place in Belmont Shore and bought 2 cupcakes.  It seems too far to drive to get just one.  So I ate one with the thought in my mind that I was going to save the other one for tomorrow.  Well about half an hour later I wanted to eat the 2nd cupcake...just because I was anxious and it was here.  I decided to smash it instead.  I understand that it is bad to waste food and money but I feel so much better.

I decided to document the smashing process...





No comments:

Post a Comment