I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 86

I slept in until 7.  At that point I was super hungry so I really needed to get up.  I had a banana with almond butter.  Then about 30 minutes later I had eggs, bacon, and broccoli.  I love broccoli.  I also ate corned beef and curry cauliflower for lunch.  I had a protein shake and some macadamia nuts about 90 minutes before going to the gym.  Then I had turkey and vinaigrette coleslaw for dinner.  I was going to go out and get my "non-paleo" thing for the day which was going to be a small jamba juice but they close at 10.  I'm not going out.  Oh well...here's to 100% paleo for the day...I guess the protein shake really isn't paleo but whatever.

I started to think around 1pm that the 2k row really wasn't going to go so well.  Last time it was very painful getting the 7:46.  No one likes to be in a lot of pain.  Anyways, I do a few swing kicks and move my arms around a bit.  I get on the rower and do a pretty slow 500m warm-up and then decide to go for it.  My goal was to get below 7:40.  I found a strategy online that said to row your pace plus 2 seconds for the first 500m, your pace for the next 1000m and then whatever you can do at the end.  That worked SO well. When I was halfway done I didn't feel like collapsing.  I was at around 1:57-1:58, then around 1:54-1:55 and I ended with a 1:51.  So my new "fast" 2k row time is 7:39.2.  Yay to 10 weeks of rowing.  I guess I can get faster.  Crazy.  I must admit that although I didn't fall off the rower at the end, my legs did take awhile to recover.  They kinda felt like jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment