I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 63

I rowed 8500m this morning in 43:08 and that was ok.  I played my flute for the first time in about 2 months and that was good.  I played when I was upset growing up.  I don't know why I stopped.  I cried this afternoon and that was ehh.  I went to the gym this evening and that always makes me feel better.  I cooked food, did dishes, and did some laundry.

This book, "feeling good", is actually really good.  But I can tell that I'm reading it to say I've read it.  I'm not taking the time to really think too much about what is being presented.  I just started a chapter about "do-nothingism" where people just don't want to do anything.  Doing anything actually makes them feel better. Well, I just want to do nothing for awhile.  I want to be ok with lying on the ground and staring at the ceiling for 20 minutes.  But I don't feel like it's ok for me to do this.  Big ugh there.  I want to turn off my brain, not worry about anything, and just be.  I think this is what it means in Psalms where it says to
"Be still and know that I am God".  I can't figure out how to do this and I know I need to.  Maddening.

No comments:

Post a Comment