I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 55

I took 2 days off from rowing so I thought this morning would be a good time to see if I could lower my 500m time.  I did a 500m warm-up and then the 500m fast.  My old time was 1:43.  The young kid, age 18 or 19, at the gym rowed a 1:37 last week.  I wanted to beat my time and try to catch him.  Well I started off at a 1:37 pace and couldn't really get under that and then on the last 110m or so I ran out of steam completely and finished in 1:40.  I'm glad I beat my old time.  I need to remember that the damper was on a 6.  Not sure that was the best choice.

I was at the Pac-12 Championship game this afternoon and I took a protein bar with me which I ate around 3:30.  By halftime at 4:15 Ed was talking to me telling me I wanted more food etc.  Ugh.  I wrote out what he and I said back and forth to each other on a scratch paper pad that I carry around in my purse.  I went to Islands tonight and tried their sweet potato fries, along with a bun-less grilled chicken sandwich.  Now I think they may have the best fries.  Better than Lucilles for sure.  Probably better than the Cheesecake Factory as well.  Ed tried to bother me tonight and I did just eat some stuff that I hadn't planned on eating-a banana, a protein drink, and some macadamia nuts.  I wasn't hungry but it wasn't a binge either.  If I stay up it could turn into an eating spree so here's to sleep.  I need to sleep more.  Now that bball is essentially over maybe that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment