I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 58

Things I know about myself...
It's very difficult to accept compliments.  I think there must be strings attached.
(I had 2 former students tell me I looked good today.)
I do not make good decisions when I'm tired.
(I was almost falling asleep on the way to school so I stopped at the Ralphs in Brea and bought three think thin bars.)
I can't seem to handle taking a day off from the gym.  Things always fall apart.
(For some reason I don't think I deserve a day to relax and do whatever.  I feel like I should always be working on something.)
The sooner in the day I make a "bad" food decision the worse it is.
(First bad decision was at 6:40am today and the last one was at 9:30pm.)
I want to be good at my job.
(We've been talking about area for a month and a bunch of kids still can't find the area of a triangle or a circle...you've got to be kidding me.)
I don't handle sad things very well.
(I found out one of my seniors has a dad that isn't expected to live past July.  I had this students' older brother in class about 5 years ago as well.  Major suckage.  I wanted to cry.)

So that is all to say that today was not a good eating day at all.  I know there has to be a better way to "cope" but I just don't know what it is right now.  Thank goodness I get to go to the gym tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment