I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 31

Uhh, so today wasn't any better.  It was worse.  I didn't eat any sugar but I overate like crazy.  Way too much food.  I think I was anxious that my parents were coming down tomorrow and then I got a message saying they weren't coming down and that made me cry.  What?!?  So as I was driving back from the boys basketball game in Irvine I was trying to figure out what in the world is going on.  I left Laura a message last week saying I don't have enough money to see her the rest of this month and really I don't know if I want to see her anymore at all.  Talking with her has been helpful but at the same time I need to figure out how to "deal with life" in non-destructive ways and I don't think she can help me do that.

In the past I've gone shopping, poked at my cuticles til they bleed, eaten a ton of sugary foods, and just overeaten in general as ways to deal.  Today I went with the 4th option.  Not good.  Days like this suck because the "what would life look like tomorrow if I wasn't here" thoughts creep into my head.  I'd never do anything with these thoughts because I wouldn't do that to my family or friends.  I feel like my grandma did that to us.  I'm not mad at her anymore but I was for a long time.

I didn't row or workout today at all and these sucky days tend to happen on the days I take off from the gym.  Tomorrow is 80's dress-up day at the gym so that should be fun.  I really need to get some sleep.  The silver lining is that I didn't fall face first into a ton of sugar today and I feel pretty good about that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment