I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 42 - August 6, 2011

6:15am:  3 eggs, 1 leek sauteed in olive oil, 2 strips of bacon, 2 cups of steamed broccoli
11:40am:  Lamb burger with 2 romaine lettuce leaves and mustard, partway cooked carrots in a lemon vinagrette
3:30pm:  Pork Fried "Rice":  1/4 pound ground pork, 1/4 head cauliflower, 1/2 egg, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup green peas, sesame oil and coconut aminos
8:20pm:  Grilled Steak Salad:  1/3 pound skirt steak, 1 heart of romaine, 1/3 yellow pepper, 2 green onions, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 avocado all mashed up so it was kinda like dressing but not really

                      Pretty good.  Next time I might try cut up pork cutlets instead of ground pork.

(I just realized I didn't have chicken today.  Wow.  I'm not missing the sugar or flour too much yet.  But then again I'm on vacation.  I've been able to plan ahead and cook a variety of foods so I don't get bored with the same meals again and again.  I need to remember this when I get stressed in September.  Even if it takes 30 extra minutes it's worth it to try 1 or 2 new recipes a week if it means not going sugar crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment