I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 14

I did day 2:  Row 6 by 500m with 2 minutes rest between rounds.  When I got to 24 hour this morning both rowers were being used.  I did other things for 25 minutes.  People were finally done and I set the damper at 5 and went for it.  Here are my times:  1:52.6, 1:51.3, 1:51.8, 1:52.9, 1:54.2, and 1:54.5.  Pretty consistent so that was good.  I started to feel my legs screaming sooner and sooner each time.  It took between 65 and 70 pulls each time to go the 500m.  It kinda helped to close my eyes and count.  Then I didn't have to stare at the monitor watching my average time fluctuate.  Having some sort of consistent breathing pattern would probably be good but I can't quite figure that out right now.  I rowed between 37 and 39 strokes per minute which is way more than when I was rowing with the damper set at 10.  That was all probably too much information.

Hmm, about the food stuff.  So talking with Laura has helped me understand a lot about myself but the food stuff is still a bit of a mystery to me.  I didn't experience these nose dives into eating oblivion until 18 months ago.  Something happened...or didn't happen...or ???.  I don't know.  What I know is this battle with dessert foods is a fight I'm never going to win.  I tell myself that I should be more "powerful" than sugar...but I'm not.  It wins every time.  And I really do hate to lose.  So I don't know why I keep agreeing to play this game with sugar.  I should just say no, I don't want to play anymore.  There is a book titled something like, "Sugar, the good girls drug".  So true!  I was telling someone tonight, "I'm just going to pretend that sugar will kill me" and he replied something like, "I don't think you need to pretend".  Wow.  That's going to stay with me for awhile, but not in a bad way.  People aren't honest very often.  I think I appreciate honesty more than I realize.  I'm trying to be more honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment