I've been in a major funk since September 2010. The funk has ebbed and flowed. Things seem better and then they're bad again. I'm getting better at admitting when things are bad. When will things be consistently good?
Monday, August 6, 2012
Day 190
I get so tired at night that I forget to write anything. Yesterday was a good day. I went to Costco, mostly for eggs, spinach, mushrooms, and a huge thing of Kleenex to take to school in September that was on sale. I went to an open house for a graduating senior. I went to the gym. I spent a lot of time writing more unsent letters. I'm at about the last 4 I think. They are all to me. The part of me that thinks I need to be perfect. The me that hates conflict. The me that still feels overweight. And the me that feels unloved. I know none of these are either true or good for me. And yet a lot of the time I operate as if they were true. From reading some depression/self-esteem literature I know that these thoughts are "distorted" and as soon as I can convince myself that they are distorted and that there is a more logical way to be thinking about things, I know I'll feel "better".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment